In today’s digital world, understanding Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is everything for anyone relying on social media or websites for exposure.
Here are 10 ways YOU can enhance your SEO:
- Master Keyword research; try out Google Keyword Planner
- Understand your competition
- Plan your site; make sure to use long and specific keywords
- Optimize your site; make it mobile responsive!
- Produce regular content; attempt to post everyday
- DIY public relations; build relationships
- Build your social media network; maybe try boosting posts
- Understand Google Analytics; or really any search engine analytics
- Read an SEO blog; like Search Engine Roundtable or Webmaster World Forum
- ASK QUESTIONS
Social media is an ever growing, ever changing platform for anyone out there with an internet connection making it one of the most powerful tools for a designer to get their name out there. However, navigating it can sometimes be hard and creating a large, interactive following can seem impossible. But here are 5 awesome tips to chase that feeling away and grow your social media presence:
- Post similar content within your feed to create a brand if who you are. Have a purpose for each and every post.
- Follow similar accounts who have similar interests and content as you do. Build and interact with this community as much and as often as you can!
- Be sure to use hashtags on all of your posts! The maximum number of hashtags you can have on a post is 30, try to stick to 20 or less. Be very specific on your hashtags, using only hashtags that have 500k or less posts.
- Know when to post. Study your analytics to determine the best time to post, according to when your followers are most likely to see your post.
- Reply to comments within your post as soon as you can. Interact with your viewers!
The internet is an amazing place to interact, inspire, and ignite conversation. It’s evening more amazing when you have a vast audience to do just that with, but sometimes confusing to know what posts people actually engage with.
Have no fear, tips are here 😉 Here are some tested and true tips for engaging your audience:
- Tell a story; be relatable to connect deeper with your audience
- Ask a question; people love to give their opinion, conduct a poll, it’s also free feedback!
- Provide visuals; try posting both photos and videos, having both will set you apart
- Relate to a recent event; it will get the conversations flowing
- Use humor to your advantage; again, being human is relatable!
- Always be honest